Meanwhile, back at the ranch…

…or, Something to keep you busy over the weekend…

…or, The Past Fortnight in the Theoblogosphere.

Fornight?!?!?! Who comes up with this stuff?

*nervous cough

Well, gentle readers, I’m deeply chagrinned to say that it has been over two months since the last link post. I know. I know. You don’t have to tell me. I’m as shocked as you are! But there we are. And here we are, back with another set of links for you to savor; another opportunity for you to sift the flood waters of the theo-blogosphere.

But before we get to the links, I have a couple announcements. First, I’d like to take this opportunity to let you know that my book - The Sign of the Gospel: Toward an Evangelical Doctrine of Infant Baptism after Karl Barth - has now been reviewed on the Center for Barth studies website. So you’ll want to check that out. [*wink, wink; nudge, nudge]

Second, I’d like to highlight a new program that I learned about recently.
“The Davenant Latin Institute aims to equip today’s seminarians, graduate students, and teachers with the competency to unearth these treasures, reading them in the original and perhaps even translating them for others to enjoy. We will be offering a program of online courses, both introductory and advanced, equipping students with basic Latin reading competence and, for those that desire, the skills they need to engage with and translate some of the most difficult early modern theological texts.”
This program sounds really neat, and I’m even tempted to sign up myself. There are so many early modern Reformed scholastic texts that I would like to access more easily… In any case, if you want to learn theological Latin, this is an option.

Alright – on to the links! As usual, we’ll start with what’s been happening here at DET.


And now, here are some links from around the interwebs:


I dare say that these will keep you busy for a while!

==================================

Comments

Popular Posts

So, You Want To Read Karl Barth?

So You Want to Read….Dietrich Bonhoeffer?

2010 KBBC: Week 1, Day 5

Karl Barth on Hell, the Devil, Demons, and Universalism – A Florilegium

2010 KBBC: Week 3, Day 1